- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
Apple AppStore (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/de/app/microsoft-authenticator/id983156458
Google Play Store (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.azure.authenticator
- Open the app and click on Add Account → Work or School Account.
When asked if you want to allow the app to access your camera, select Allow. This will allow the authentication app to take a photo of the QR code in the next step.
- Open your browser and open https://aka.ms/mfasetup
Sign in using your email credentials.
- Click on Add method.
- Select Authenticator app as your method.
Click on Continue, until you get to the QR code scanning.
- Scan the QR code with the authentication app we opened in the second step.
- After scanning, you will receive a pop up in the Authenticator app. Confirm the request and finish the setup by clicking on Next.
- Tap on the newly created account and then on Enable Phone sign-in.
Continue through the setup dialog. Once you're done, you can use your phone to securely sign into your account.